Dancing My ABCs

Dancing through life as a principal…one alphabet letter at a time

HyperDocs and Evaluations

August26

This year is already off and running and I’m trying to figure out why August feels like it is already slipping through my fingertips. I spoke in my last blog post about my goals for this year. My next step has been to figure out a tracking method so I could hold myself accountable in reaching those goals. Google Slides for the win! Enter the HyperDoc.  For those of you who don’t know a HyperDoc according to Carrie Wilson is,“Transformative digital lesson delivery that shifts the focus from teacher led lecture to student driven inquiry based learning through exploration.”

I loved the idea of using this in the professional world, where I can hyperlink goals and tracking methods in a fun and engaging way. I have set up the slide deck where each goal has its own slide. I can then add links for the evidence that supports each goal. I wanted everything in one place so that I could not only access and enter in the milestones along the way, but my evaluator has access too. Everything is in one place. At a glance now, they can check in to see how I am doing and I can easily track and upload evidence as I go.

I was then further inspired by my friend and fellow educator Don Sturm who is the Tech Integration Specialists for Morton School District. He has an amazing blog post you can find here all about personalized hashtags. Every educator should read it as it lays out a plan for how you can create personalized hashtags aligned with the Danielson Framework. When you tweet out something that aligns with an item within the Danielson Framework, use the hashtag you have created so that you have an ongoing place to collect your evidence. For example: if you want to share something from 3C, use your last name and then the domain it applies –> #Pitzer3c. No more trying to remember what you named the image or what folder it is in because you can simply link to that hashtag. I decided to add this to the last 4 slides of my Goals Slide Deck. Each component is then linked to the Twitter feed of that hashtag. My thought being again it is all in one place AND I can collect ongoing feedback throughout the year. 

You can check out my Slide Deck here: http://bit.ly/PitzerGoals19-20

I’m curious about what you use to collect your evidence and or track your goals for the year?

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Categories

Twitter Feed

Recent Comments

Stefanie’s Bookshelf

Stefanie's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Girl Who Drank the Moon
tagged:
currently-reading

goodreads.com

Visitors

Skip to toolbar