Dancing My ABCs

Dancing through life as a principal…one alphabet letter at a time

Day One of E-Learning

March16

Our e-learning plan started today. I cannot even begin to express how proud I am to work for the curriculum department. We have worked tirelessly on a plan to best support teachers, students, and parents during this time. While it will be a work and progress for sure, it feels good to be ready to go during this historical pandemic.

Yesterday, students K-3 were able to go to their home school and pick up their school issued Chromebooks from 3pm-5pm. Grades 4-12 take their devices home, so we wanted to make sure all students had access to technology.

As instructional coaches, we decided that since there were so many emails coming in this week, that we would each take a day to be “in charge”. We have a group email account and so if it was our day, we would be the main one responding. We of course could reach out to each other if one of us was better suited to respond.

In terms of life at home during this time, my husband is still able to go into the office and my youngest could go to daycare. This really did allow for me to work remotely AND assist my oldest son in his e-learning activities. After our first day we realized two things:
1.) Making a to do list helps ensure we have completed everything we need to for the day
2.) Schedule breaks and lunch is important so we don’t forget

While it may not have been perfect, it was a pretty successful day one of e-learning. Here’s also to turning 38!

Check out my day one reflection post by clicking on the image below:

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Categories

Twitter Feed

Recent Comments

Stefanie’s Bookshelf

Stefanie's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Girl Who Drank the Moon
tagged:
currently-reading

goodreads.com

Visitors

Skip to toolbar