Dancing My ABCs

Dancing through life as a principal…one alphabet letter at a time

#PitzerPosts

August12

Day one of the 2019-2020 school year is in the books. The first day of school still gives me all the feels. It promises a fresh start and provides yet another opportunity to create meaningful learning opportunities for kids. This year marks my 14th year as an educator (11 years as a second grade teacher and entering year 3 as an instructional coach) and I can’t wait to make this year be the best year yet.

Over the summer, I had the opportunity to reflect on the journey this profession has taken me so far. I also learned that no matter what happens you can take a risk, put yourself out there, and still be breathing after the fact. 🙂 That being said a new year means new beginnings and an opportunity to grow as a learner and as a leader. New year…new goals…let’s do this.

Our district is celebrating 50 years as a unified community school district and is the inspiration behind my goals for this year. Each goal was set either to spark joy, spread happiness to others, remind me to focus on the positive, give me a focus, and push me outside of my comfort zone. I’m still working through how I want to track my progress towards each goal.  I’m leaning toward creating some sort of HyperDoc either in Google Slides or Google Drawings. However, if you have a different way, I would love to hear.

I’m beyond excited to get started and can’t wait to see what this year teaches me!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Categories

Twitter Feed

Recent Comments

Stefanie’s Bookshelf

Stefanie's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Girl Who Drank the Moon
tagged:
currently-reading

goodreads.com

Visitors

Skip to toolbar