Dancing My ABCs

Dancing through life as a principal…one alphabet letter at a time

First Time Kindergarten Mom

August16

This morning as I dropped Jaxon off for Kindergarten, I realized something. While I have always known how important it is to build relationships with parents, today it hit very close to home. As Jaxon walked into his new school the tightness in my chest that was making it hard to breathe, was completely overwhelming. I was trying desperately to hold it together because having been on the teacher side, I didn’t want to be that mom. As we walked in and saw teachers with their smiling faces, that tightness eased. The high fives, hugs, and welcomes he got was the holding it together part I needed. The hey buddy who is your teacher…let’s find your line, was the distraction Jaxon (and mommy and daddy) needed to make sure everyone left with a happy heart. It ensured everyone could breathe.

Long story short, I want teachers to know that everything you do to make the first day and the school year memorable, eases that tightness…it makes it easier for parents to breathe knowing their child is loved! So please disregard the tears welling up in my eyes or any other parent’s eyes. They aren’t necessarily what you think. They are tears of an overwhelming sense of pride in our child, admiration for their teacher’s job, excitement for all the new things they will learn, acceptance that they are growing up, and an overabundance of love because our most precious procession is in your care!

THANK YOU TEACHERS! Thank you for all that you do to create that home for students! Seeing it from this side makes me appreciate it even more!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Categories

Twitter Feed

Recent Comments

Stefanie’s Bookshelf

Stefanie's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Girl Who Drank the Moon
tagged:
currently-reading

goodreads.com

Visitors

Skip to toolbar